What are the restrictions of the GDL Law?
- The GDL permit is valid for practice driving the state of NJ from 5:01 am to 11:00 pm
- Driver cannot use wireless telephone or any wireless device while driving
- Student must be accompanied by a NJ licensed driver, 21 years or older and licensed for at least 3 years.
- Student may only have passengers from their shared residence plus one additional person
- The GDL permit must be held for a minimum of 6 months before is eligible for road test. The student must be at least 17 years of age.
- When student passes their road test, they will receive a provisional license. That means they can drive alone from 5:01 am – midnight. They may only have passengers from their shared residence plus one additional person. (If any passenger is 21 or older passenger restrictions do not apply) this is to prevent the new driver from driving with too many passengers in the car. The student must drive one-year violation free and be at least 18 years old to obtain their non-restricted license. The unrestricted license is issued by MVC. The student must go in person with their six points of identification and their provisional license to obtain their basic license.
Do you have customer service?
Of course! Our friendly and knowledgeable customer services reps are available to answer your questions contact us