16 Year Old Program
Shore Points prides itself on outstanding customer service. We strive to meet the scheduling needs of our clients, as well as their instructional needs. Each student is assessed and evaluated throughout the 6-hour training course. Close monitoring and written evaluation allows for parent, student and instructor interaction with regard to necessary skills related to becoming a safe and responsible driver.
16 year-old program: 6 Hours Behind the Wheel
|This course is designed for 16-year-old students for obtaining the NJ Student permit. This course provides 6 hours of training, which is required by the state of NJ. At the completion of the 6-hour program the student will acquire a valid student permit. This is valid for practice driving under NJ GDl regulations.
A driving school must accompany all New Jersey 16 year olds to DMV to obtain a student permit. Shore Points offers a service that includes round-trip service from home to the DMV, where the permit would be generated.
In order to purchase a permit at 16
In order to purchase a permit at 16 (17 & older will need “6 pts. of ID “), we will need the following:
Note - Please do not mail any of the below.
- Green Application completed (make sure Social Security # is clearly written)
- Score card if test was passed in Drivers Ed
- Glasses or Contacts for vision test
- Original Birth Certificate (not a copy or hospital issue), U.S. Passport, or Resident Alien Card
- Signed Contract
- $10.00 cash for permit
- Check or cash for lessons
Tutoring: One-on-one written test instruction is available upon request.
- This service is for students who have not taken the NJ Written Permit Test.
- Shore Points provides transportation to and from NJ driver testing center.
- Many students take the test in high school. However, since there are districts that do not administer this test, you must be accompanied by a commercial driving instructor if you are under 17 years old.
- Any student who is at least 16 is eligible to take the written test regardless if Drivers Education was taken yet in school.
Road Test Service
Shore Points will accompany the student at the time of the road test and provide a review lesson. The review lesson will go over the skills for the road test prior to the test.
An instructor will review every aspect and maneuvers for the test especially parallel parking. A detailed assessment of the students performance will be given upon completion.
Please understand the road test is automatically scheduled by the NJMVC, to schedule our service you must contact Shore Points Driving School.
We look forward to serving you.
ABOUT THE ROAD TEST:
- Starting your vehicle Steering (hands at 10/2 or 9/3)
- Stopping (full stop behind line)
- Turning (hand over hand) Turn Around k-turn or 3 point turn
- Speed control (speed limit is 25 mph)
- Parking (parallel parking) Attention (follow directions)
- Up/Down Hill Parking
- Backing (reverse in straight line, left hand top of wheel, looking over right shoulder)
- Intersections (look both ways when approaching intersection)
WHAT YOU WILL NEED FOR YOUR ROAD TEST
- Properly equipped vehicle includes: access to brake, working signals, brake lights or Shore Points vehicle
- Vehicle must be registered, inspected, insured with all current documentation
- Accompanied by a licensed NJ Driver or Shore Points Instructor
- Student Driver must have: valid permit, original civil birth certificate or passport
WHAT YOU WILL NEED FOR NJ PHOTO DRIVERS LICENSE
- Original civil birth certificate or passport (4pts)
- Social security card (1pt) or SS#
- School issued photo id w/report card or transcript containing address (2pts)
- $6.00 for photo
Hourly Lessons Provide additional hourly lessons for elderly, nervous, and special needs drivers.
In addition to the initial six hours of lessons, there are instances where parents have requests in regard to driving under specific conditions such as: Parkway, densely populated areas or simply getting extra practice.
Shore Points Driving School offers additional lessons that can be the critical factor in addressing certain areas of weakness.
We also provide evaluations in New Jersey to those who suffer limitations resulting from a medical condition or injury
Who needs on the road driving evaluations?
Any individuals who suffer from serious disabilities resulting from physical injury or medical conditions; Shore Points Driving School provides assessments of driving skills to satisfy the needs of Physicians, Families, Insurance Companies, and Governmental Agencies.